Title: Sales Assistant
If you’re looking for 100% remote work with flexible hours, doing what you love…
… alongside a highly successful, international team of over 60 entrepreneurs (and rapidly growing)…
… then this is a really good day for you.
- Being in a company that is quick to recognize your talents and contributions and is eager to promote from within…
- Working in a culture where egos are set aside, and everyone pulls for each other’s success (think of it as the digital marketing version of CrossFit)…
- Being a valued part of a highly skilled and diverse team…
- Solving one online challenge after another with some of the smartest marketing minds you’ll find anywhere…
- Helping scale brands in over 50 businesses across dozens of industries…
- The opportunity that comes with managing $100M+ in ad spend every year…
- Whose CEO and Founder, Ralph Burns, co-hosts Perpetual Traffic podcast, with over 8 million downloads, and is in the top 0.5% of all podcasts in the world…
…If this fires you up, then you should do yourself a solid and find out more about this new exciting role below:
About this role
As the Sales Assistant at Tier 11, your time will be split between 2 core, overarching responsibilities: (1.) Appointment Setting: reaching out to leads (current & past) who have not booked a sales call; reaching out to those engaging with Tier 11 on social media to get them to book a sales call; reaching out to former customers we’d like to work with again. (2.) Assisting with administrative tasks in the Sales department, which includes tracking of Sales metrics, data entry, organizing call recordings, etc. The biggest objective of this role is get the Sales team more booked sales calls, which will lead to more closed deals. The Sales Assistant will report directly to the Director of Sales Operations and will in part function as an extension of that role.
Core Talents and Attributes
- Smart (EIQ): You practice empathy and demonstrate deep respect and patience for others – you thrive in collaborative, team-based environments. Personable/cool common sense, able to prioritize, intuitive, collaborative first principle thinker, mentally flexible… (Considering function over form), Self-awareness, healthy challenger.
- Initiative: You bring a strong desire to learn, develop and overcome obstacles as they arise – for you and your team. Finds solutions to solve problems, wants more (improvement and/or advancement), constant learning mindset (self-improvement), confident in abilities, willing to pay the price in the short term, grit driven. Action-Taker, improviser, adapt & overcome, no excuses, assertive, sees opportunities and acts on them, dependable.
- Healthy Ego: You leave your ego at the door – everyone is equal, and you treat everyone with limitless respect. Proactively engages the team for support and improvement, takes extreme ownership, admits mistakes and learns from them, gives credit to others for their success, has allegiance to the team, takes direction, adaptable, absorbs criticism well – doesn’t immediately push back.
- Precise: Demonstrates a high attention to detail and decisiveness in decision making. Detail oriented, analytical (not necessarily math, but can understand a picture from numbers), clear and simple communicator – written and verbal (especially in light of virtual team), pursues perfection, excellent follow-up & follow-through skills, finish what you said you would, works within constraints e.g. brand guidelines, customer requests, policy, trustworthy.
- Radical Candor: You show genuine care and respect towards others, and practice communication that is direct, considerate and honest – whilst not being afraid to make assertions and challenge others on their thoughts, approach or position on a subject. Radical Candor is Caring Personally while Challenging Directly. At its core, Radical Candor is guidance and feedback that’s both kind and clear, specific and sincere.
Core Knowledge & Skills
- Strong communication skills. Be confident in communicating with people via call, text and email as you will be reaching out to prospective customers who fill out an application to learn more about our services. Be able to field questions and project a professional and friendly demeanor as you will be one of the first people in the company that they will interact with and we want them to have a positive experience interacting with us.
- Attention to detail. Be able to balance tasks by priority and pivot when necessary while still maintaining proficiency in the task at hand. As you will be fielding calls, texts and emails as well as communicating with our team you will need to be able to ignore distractions when needed or put one task aside to deal with a higher priority task.
- Data Entry. Be proficient in Google Sheets, Docs and Drive to be able to fill in information about new leads, compile a weekly summary of predetermined metrics, create new spreadsheets and documents when needed, and keep files organized.
- Quick Learner. You are able to learn new tasks/skills quickly so that you are able to function in the new task/skill with minimal additional instruction. This role requires a level of independence as most of the tasks are done without the collaboration of others. The mentality to seek out an answer to a question before relying on others.
- Self Motivated. Able to keep yourself on task. Keep yourself accountable. Really own your responsibilities and look for areas of improvement in your role. Always be on the lookout for ways to improve processes and/or expand your role.
- English proficiency. Ability to communicate, write and read in English to a very high proficiency so that when you are conversing with prospective customers they can understand you and you can understand them.
- HubSpot Experience. Having experience using HubSpot or a similar CRM system would be beneficial to this role as you will be using HubSpot on a daily basis.
- Appointment Setting. Reaching out via a sequence of calls, texts and emails to potential customers to get them booked for a sales call. This is a real go-getter task. The goal here is to increase the number of sales calls for our sales rep. You will track your touchpoints to help you find trends in lead response so that you can propose and implement changes to the reach out sequence as needed.
- Data Entry. Entering data in spreadsheets and documents in order for us to track the leads coming in and their progress through the sales cycle. You will also be compiling results of this data on a weekly and monthly basis, and will report on it during team calls.
- Call Recording Organization. Uploading Sales call recordings to the appropriate Google Drive folder from Zoom.
- Social Media Engagement. HubSpot (our CRM system) allows us to see when potential leads are interacting with our social media or marketing emails. It will be your responsibility to reach out to those engaging with Tier 11 to determine if they are what we deem a ‘qualified’ lead and if they are, to try to get them booked for a sales call.
- Previous Customer Nurturing. Periodically reaching out to former customers to start a conversation about returning to work with us. This will involve organization within HubSpot and collaboration with other team members to set a successful cadence of reach out and coordinate which customers the team are open to working with again.
- HubSpot Management. You will be using HubSpot to organize/record communication with leads and move them along the sales funnel. You will be responsible for assisting in organizing and periodically updating Sales resources (common email attachments, email copy, email sequences) within HubSpot.
- This position is flexible (part/full time) and 100% remote.
- Includes 3 weeks of paid leave per year.
- We offer and encourage Flexible hours – working set business hours is preferred, but if you’re proficient with communicating and getting stuff done, then we’re flexible.
- You will be providing your own computer & internet access to complete this work.
- This is a 1099 contractor arrangement. If you’re not in the US just ignore this part.
- Unfortunately, Tier 11 does not currently offer medical or retirement benefits. If you need them, then we’re just not quite ready for each other yet…
- Important: This is NOT a freelance project – you will be hired as an independent contractor.
Do you want to know a bit more about Tier 11’s culture?…
… If you’re looking for a bright future, full of meaningful contributions, and a company quick to recognize and acknowledge your talents, then look no further than Tier 11…
At Tier 11… you will Learn, Develop and Push the Boundaries
With tailored ascension and development pathways – an ideal team player at Tier 11 is able to progress through our organization as quickly and as far as they’re driven (and as fast as able). Heck, we even encourage you to forge your own path if the job doesn’t exist!…
… We acknowledge that everyone on our team came to grow and flourish into a bigger and better version of themselves, and as such – we place a HUGE emphasis on ensuring you are continually growing and developing according to your unique passions, strengths and talents. If that fires you up, then you’ll fit right in!
Tier 11 is a great place to work (as shown on GlassDoor) – see what our people have to say…
We Build Highly-Professional and Diverse Global Teams
Tier 11 is a unique and high performing team of experts who LOVE Digital Marketing (and we think we’re among the best in the world at it).
We focus on hiring diverse A+ players from all over the world by staying true to The Tier Manifesto…
Our current team spans across 6 Continents from around the World – we have expertise from nursing and forensic science, to psychology and military strategy… all contributing to 12+ years of marketing education, research, and practice!
A SandBox of experience and knowledge
Since 2010, Tier 11 has managed a portfolio of Meta, Instagram, Google, Youtube, Tiktok, Pinterest & Snapchat advertising customer accounts in over 30 industries, with an annual spend in excess of $100 million — so you’re in great company! Our customers are hand-picked, quality businesses with great products helping to make the world a better place. Our job is to accelerate their growth with world-class managed paid traffic.