Role: Financial Controller
Reports To: CEO
About This Role
As the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for helping our team know our numbers so that we can make better business decisions and get back time, money, and resources to grow the business! You will oversee all month end close procedures, perform financial analysis, manage departmental budgets, and oversee accounts receivable and payable. You are free to complete your work from anywhere you choose. The only requirements are a reliable internet connection, a distraction-free work environment, a computer, and a web camera. Although you may live and work anywhere you choose, you will be required to attend some regular meetings during US-based business hours.
The duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems.
- Manage customer invoicing/vendor billing.
- Perform price modeling for customers.
- Calculate and process payroll for employees and contractors (domestic and international).
- Manage company cash flow as well as departmental budgets/projections.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, and expenses.
- Perform QuickBooks cleanup through journal entries.
- Reconcile bank accounts, merchant accounts, PayPal accounts.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time.
- Creative and critical thinking skills.
- Willingness to learn, try new things, and adapt.
- 2-3 years QuickBooks experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel.
- Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Experience with preparation and analyzing financial statement reports, balance sheets, P&L’s and ad hoc reports.
- Understanding of accounting principles.
- Ability to communicate with our Executive Team in a professional manner.
- Attentive to detail and able to multitask efficiently.
- Ability to meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
- Have a team player attitude with the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
Our Results-based Approach to Work at Tier 11
Our interview process is designed to allow you to demonstrate your expertise and skill level. Expect to do some fun, different stuff along the way!
There are some regular business hours obligations (especially in the beginning while you’re training), but otherwise, you’re free to manage yourself once you demonstrate your ability to deliver results.
- This is a full-time position.
- You will be providing your own computer and internet access to complete this work.
- This is a 1099 contractor arrangement. If you’re not in the US, just ignore this part.
- Tier 11 does not currently offer medical or retirement benefits. If you need them, then we’re not ready for each other yet.
Want to join our team? Please click here to complete an application.