Role: Marketing Creative Lead
About This Role
The Marketing Creative Lead’s goal is clear—develop social media ads and organic content that connect with viewers and get them to take an action. But, the path to developing a winning ad is often unclear. The Marketing Creative Lead will need to use all of the tools at their disposal—research, data, creativity, experience, and more to create hypothesis-driven ad creative.
The ideal candidate is a concept-led person, with a strong design and/or video production background. They’re a gifted storyteller, with the ability to develop creative ideas based on performance objectives and avatar research.
A Marketing Creative Lead thinks deeply about the customer journey and what viewers need to see to take action at each step. They’ll partner with the VP of Marketing, Director of Marketing, Media Buyers, and the entire Sales team to develop ad creative that achieve our goals while maintaining brand and design standards.
They have an appetite for learning and are comfortable working outside their primary skill set and comfort zone. They’ll often be called on to facilitate brainstorms or lead client meetings.
The ideal Marketing Creative Lead has experience in direct response marketing and creative production.
They are our creative thought leaders. They stay ahead of trends and provide proactive inspiration and recommendations.
The Wins for This Role
You develop creative ideas that drive viewers to desired actions.
- You’ll ideate, design, and develop image and video ad concepts for the assorted social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Google, YouTube, Instagram, and site images).
- You’ll work closely with Media Buyers and the Director of Marketing to refine and create advertising campaigns that take customers on a journey from being unaware to a purchaser.
- You’ll use strong written and visual skills to clearly communicate your ad concept and then use your design/edit skills to bring your vision to life
- You’ll identify imagery that best captures the underlying psychology of the prospect.
- You’ll hit deadlines without compromising on quality and creativity.
- You’ll develop concepts to be shot by our video production team.
You implement direct marketing principles when developing creatives.
- You’ll use the avatar research and the client’s performance objective as the framework for your ad concepts.
- You’ll identify a campaign’s creative needs for various ad placements, “levels of awareness”, and Tier 11’s Ad Amplifier™.
- You’ll develop concepts based on testable hypotheses.
You iterate on ad creatives based on what the data is telling you.
- You’ll work with the Director of Marketing to identify signals in the performance data and use your experience to suggest ways of improving ads.
- You’ll also use these signals to refine your understanding of which messaging and visuals connect with viewers—wherever they are on the customer journey.
- You understand that short-term testing guides long-term strategy.
- A track record of success as a conceptual Marketing Creative Lead within the e-commerce, social media, digital marketing, advertising, creative agency, or video production space.
- Deep experience working in image and video production.
- A strong sense of design—what looks good, what’s on brand, what’s the next trend.
- Exceptionally detailed when it comes to spelling and grammar.
- An eye for quality and the ability to steadfastly maintain our clients’ brand and design standards.
- Ability to develop clear creative concepts, briefs, and scripts based on research, data, and advertising objectives.
- Extensive knowledge in direct response marketing, advertising concepts, and digital creative production.
- Highly empathetic
- Advanced level with Adobe Creative Cloud – Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and After Effects.
- Strong written and verbal communication, detail-focused, and the ability to articulate design concepts that merge well with our Sales Team and Marketing Team.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click here to complete an application.