Is Google a monopoly? If so, how is its market power hurting marketing and advertising agencies?
On today’s episode, Kasim Aslam describes how Google’s monopoly power allows it to weaponize data and charge money for traffic over and above normal auction rates.
About a decade ago, bloggers, marketers, and advertisers used to get by on organic traffic and internet advertising. Unfortunately, those days are long gone now that Google gobbles up the vast majority of internet advertising dollars. Google can exert massive influence by controlling how people use the internet — and charge money for traffic however they please.
Like any monopoly, Kasim believes it’s high times the government regulated them and created an ecosystem that allows other marketing mechanisms to compete.
Listen in as Kasim dissects how Google’s monopoly is hurting advertising and how The U.S. Justice Department can confront Google’s position as the unchallenged giant on the internet.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How Google’s monopoly is hurting advertising
- Google’s dominance in the advertising space
- The U.S. Department of Justice’s role in squashing Google’s dominance
- Ad rank threshold and what that means
- Google’s tainted Ads pricing framework
- Why Google ads can and will exceed your daily set budget
- Why the traffic auction format is an interesting counter to Google’s monopoly
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Get a Free Month of Blogs from BKA Content
- Get a Free book on how to optimize your website Conversion Fanatics
- Learn how bots can automate your lead flow from BotBuilders
- 7 Levels of Scale workbook
- Get Roland’s book, Zero Down, FREE
- Find out your Leadership Trust Score at Ready to Lead.
- Register for our free Founders Board workshop
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Perpetual Traffic? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!
Mentioned in this episode:
Get Useful Digital Marketing ebooks, Worksheets, Swipe Files, and Guides!
Get a 5x Revenue Guarantee with Get Emails!
The Best Way to Grow, Engage, and Reactivate Your First Party Database! Visit https://getemails.com/scalable