Role: Strategic HR Director
Reports To: CEO
About Tier 11
After 15 years and millions per year in managed ad spend, we’ve learned that our job isn’t just to get our customers the click. Our job is to maximize our customers’ budget and get them as many ideal-fit customers as possible, on as many channels as possible, no matter what changes come in the marketplace.
Platforms evolve quickly, and short-term “hacks” won’t cut it if you want to stick around long-term. Businesses need a robust and multi-funnel strategy that aligns your traffic with your back-end to acquire customers after the click. At Tier 11, our holistic customer-getting methodology is called Customer Acquisition Amplification™, or CaAMP™.
We’re a 100% remote team helping purpose-driven businesses across the world grow faster than they could on their own while reaching their online potential. We do that by crafting powerful advertising campaigns, data mining, killer creatives, funnel perfecting, and more.
We believe the best businesses and products, those which aim to improve the lives of those around us, should win. And when we amplify their growth…everybody wins.
We believe it takes teamwork to be the best, and the best teammates may not necessarily live or work near where you choose to live and work. We’re fanatical about our culture and we take care of our team.
How We Work
Freedom and flexibility. Our entire team is remote and spread across 28 countries and 6 continents. We sign into Slack and open up our work tools on the schedule that fits our lives best. We communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our work. We believe in spending more time with our families and less time commuting.
Teamwork and fun. A 100% distributed team doesn’t mean you’re all alone. We’re constantly connecting through Slack or Zoom chats. Through consistency and culture, we’ve even managed to build great friendships with teammates all over the world.
Learning and development. The digital marketing space moves quickly. To stay at the top of our game we’re always learning and experimenting with new things. If you’re the type of person who is constantly learning and applying then you’ll fit right in here.
Opportunity to grow. Our leadership team makes our plans and goals clear. We’ll clearly point the way to your next development milestone, and provide opportunities for you to proactively work towards. The rest is up to you.
Share the rewards. Our unique business model allows us to compensate our team based on the value they’ve created in the business. We think salaries are outdated, and the best most talented people want to be freed from the system.
Plug into the source. We’re fortunate to enjoy a close relationship with the advertising platforms we work on. With that relationship comes a high level of support for our work, shiny new features before they’re released, and insights unavailable to all but a few top-tier agencies. We think that’s pretty special (and fun).
How We Hire
Our team is built and promoted based on results, not based on resumes. We interview the same way. Expect this process to be unlike most others.
We’re going to ask you to do things for us. We’re going to make you show us you should be a part of our team.
We’ve discovered we can build a world-class team that delivers world-class results for our customers by being fanatical on this point. For the right people, Tier 11 is the best place in the world to work.
About This Role
Do you want to bring out the absolute best in a team comprised only of A-players but work from anywhere in the world? If helping people reach their potential to become the best version of themselves, then the Strategic HR Director role at Tier 11 is for you.
You will be responsible for acquiring new talent for our team, creating and implementing a talent retention strategy, and supporting the professional development of our team! You’ll oversee all talent acquisition, retention, performance management, and hiring decisions. Best of all, you are free to complete your work from anywhere you choose. The only requirements are a reliable internet connection, a distraction-free work environment, a computer, and a web camera. Although you may live and work anywhere you choose, you will be required to attend some regular meetings during US-based business hours.
The duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Initiating hiring new personnel, including creating appropriate hiring funnels with appropriate questions and videos to attract A-players.
- Create a system of online training for frontline, as well as management, specific to each his job title and responsibilities.
- Update/revamp ongoing evaluation system for current personnel roles in accordance with Tier 11 Core Values.
Develop and implement a people “retention and delight” strategy and plan.
- In so doing, assist in developing a people-based culture that supports a healthy, happy team!)
Attend and participate in the weekly Leadership Team meeting.
- Perform such other administrative tasks as may be required from time to time.
- Proven Human Resource and Talent Management experience.
- Experience in personnel/professional development system creation and execution
- Experience in project management system.
- Highly skilled in dealing with people and relationships.
- Strong leadership skill.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Willingness to learn, try new things, and adapt.
- Ability to communicate with our Executive Team in a professional manner.
- Attentive to detail and able to multitask efficiently.
- Ability to meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
- Have a team player attitude with the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
Our Results-based Approach to Work at Tier 11
Our interview process is designed to allow you to demonstrate your expertise and skill level. Expect to do some fun, different stuff along the way!
There are some regular business hours obligations (especially in the beginning while you’re training), but otherwise, you’re free to manage yourself once you demonstrate your ability to deliver results.
- This is a part-time position – estimated 10-15 hours/week.
- You will be providing your own computer and internet access to complete this work.
- This is a 1099 contractor arrangement. If you’re not in the US, just ignore this part.
- Tier 11 does not currently offer medical or retirement benefits. If you need them, then we’re not ready for each other yet.
Want to join our team? Please click here to complete an application.